Wednesday, February 09, 2005

instant results

Although not quite what i expected... as can be seen by a comment on my first post, jade might have a fix for me. That would be nice, and remove quite a bit of reason from this blog, but hey, we're all in this for conclusion right! That won't stop me from describing my experiences with textamerica thus far...

TA has been great for me. A free site to host my moblog, tons of space, a nice control panel, and tons of ability to customize. But it was not without issues. For instance, this problem (that might be in the midst of getting fixed now) plagued me for the first month until i just gave up on it. I submitted posts in forums, sent pics to their support moblog, tried as many avenues as i could to no avail. Several months ago, my hit counter was reset. I again posted, realized many people had the same problem, it still isn't fixed. They added the ability to set your counter arbitrarily, so i did. A month or two later the number just disappeared from my site. Again, a very minor thing, i do love TA, but these annoyances built up and left me looking for alternatives. I haven't settled on any but hope to do some research that'll help. Initially i debated writing my own engine and hosting it myself... a minor pipe dream, i don't have the time and during initial design i realize there are LOTS of pieces that need to go into a full tilt moblog engine. TA's done a fine job, not without possible improvements, but pretty awsome nonetheless.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home